lampin ni enzo

My journey to Motherhood...

Friday, April 21, 2006

YOU by Karen Carpenter

Hubby got me a "new" phone yesterday.."New" meaning newly bought, but not necessarily brand new - a Nokia 6630. It has a built-in MP3, among its other features. Anyway...

As i was rockin enzo to sleep, i turned on the mp3 and listened to the selections of the previous owner. ...One of those was the song YOU by Karen Carpenter. I have heard this song so many times in the past and know (like most of you, i guess)that this is a love song....I never thought that it could have a different meaning for me now...I cried (silently lng naman) as I sang this song to enzo while rocking him to sleep earlier...

i have pasted the lyrics here...for the moms out there (and mga dads na rin) try nyo lang singing it to your kid/s...

YOU

You are the one who makes me happy
When everything else turns to gray
Yours is the voice that wakes me mornings
And sends me out into the day
You are the crowd that sits quiet list'ning to me
With all the mad sense I make
You are one of the few things worth remembering
And since it's all true, how can anyone mean more to me than you.
Sorry if sometimes I look past you
There's no one beyond your eyes
Inside my head the wheels are turning
Hey sometimes I'm not so wise
You are my heart and my soul, my inspiration
Just like the old love song goes
You are one of the few things worth remembering
And since it's all true, how could anyone mean more to me than you

1 Comments:

Blogger Caryl said...

This is my song for my 2 boys - my hubby and my lil' boy Migs... kakaiyak nga to! ... hehe...

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home